ALEI hosts an Agricultural and Environmental Law Conference each November. This event attracts agricultural professionals, attorneys, educators, environmentalists, farmers, policymakers, and students to discuss the complex intersection of environmental regulation and agriculture in Maryland. ALEI prides itself on hosting an event that brings farming and conservation experts together in a forum that allows for an exchange of ideas and education for conference attendees on current legal topics of interest. Previous year’s conferences have featured topics such as agritourism, aquaculture leasing, anaerobic digesters, alternative energy on the farm, developing topics in agricultural and the environment, and nutrient management.
2019 Agricultural and Environmental Law Conference Materials
- Going Solar: The Roles of the Local and State Governments Post – Board of County Commissioners of Washington County v. Perennial Solar, LLC
- Diversification on Eased Farms – Can I Do That?
- Ag Law Outlook - Goeringer and Everhart
- Emerging Opportunities in Ecosystem Trading Markets
- What’s That Smell? Neighbor Relations and Right-to-Farm in Maryland - Suri
Thank You To Our 2019 Conference Sponsors
Gold Level Sponsors
Silver Level Sponsors
- Harry R. Hughes Center for Agro-Ecology, Inc
- Mid-Atlantic Farm Credit
- Rural Maryland Council
Friends of ALEI Sponsors
We extend our deepest gratitude to our sponsors!
To view materials from past conferences, click on the following link: