Please note that this location has also been reserved for Tuesday Mar. 27 – Friday Mar. 30. In the event of inclement weather we will communicate any training date changes to registrants.
Who should attend?
Farmers, growers and food processors who:
• Need to comply with FSMA produce safety rule, preventive controls rule or both. e.g., producers growing leafy
greens, tomatoes, berries, cucumber, etc. and/or processing them into ready-to-eat products.
• Are exempt from the rule but need to comply with the rules due to supply chain constraints
• Entrepreneurs in processed food business
• Want to remain up-to-date with the FSMA regulations and how to comply with them
What will you get from attending this workshop?
• In-depth understanding of the requirements of produce safety and preventive control rules
• Completion certificates required by FSMA
• Guidance regarding food safety risks and how to mitigate them
How much does it cost? (You can attend either or both trainings)
$25 for PSA Grower Training Course (Monday 3/19)
$45 for FSPCA Training for Preventive Controls (Tues 3/20 – Thur 3/22)
Where will it be held?
This series takes place at
Western Maryland Research & Education Center – Extension
18330 Keedysville Road
Keedysville, MD 21756
Funding for this training session was made possible, in part, by the Food and Drug Administration through grant PAR-16-137. The views expressed in written materials or publications and by speakers and moderators do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the Department of Health & Human Services; nor does any mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organization imply endorsement by the United States Government.