Registration is open for the 2017 Maryland Crop Insurance Workshop. You can register for the workshop by clicking here.
This year’s workshop includes:
- Dr. John Newton, Director of Market Intelligence for American Farm Bureau Federation to discuss AFBF’s proposed dairy insurance program,
- Stephen Frerichs with AgVantage LLC discussing the upcoming farm bill debate and its impact on crop insurance,
- Dale Hawks with USDA’s National Ag Statistic Service to discuss current crop outlook and the 2017 Census of Agriculture,
- USDA’s Risk Management Agency to discuss timely agency issues, and
- a panel of farmers to discuss how crop insurance impacts their operations.
The workshop is free to attend and lunch is provided.